Home Guam EPA Programs Permit Applications and Guidelines Laws, Regulations, Statutory Authority Environmental Education About Guam EPA Search


Applications and Instructions:
* * *

Pesticide Permits and Licenses

[   Air   |   Hazardous Waste   |   Land Use   |   Pesticides   |   Solid Waste   |   Water   ]

About Pesticide Permits and Licenses

The Guam EPA Pesticides Enforcement Program is responsible for regulating the importation, sale, use, storage and disposal of pesticides on Guam. Under this regulatory authority, the Program has established requirements for pesticide dealers and applicators to ensure proper training, thus minimizing risks to human health and the environment due to improper use. Guam EPA must also be notified when pesticides or related devices are imported to Guam. For a detailed explanantion of Guam EPA's pesticide license and notification requirements, consult the Environmental Permit Guidebook.

NOTE:All permit application forms and guidance on the Guam EPA web site are presented as PDF files. Viewing and printing PDF files requires the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. More about PDF files.

Notice of Arrival

Section 50118 of Guam's Pesticide Act requires that Guam EPA be notified of the arrival of pesticides and related devices into Guam. An importer intending to import pesticides and/or related devices into Guam must submit the Notice of Arrival Form to the Guam EPA Administrator for approval prior to arrival of the shipment into Guam. If you are unsure whether your shipment is subject to notification requirements, contact the Pesticides Enforcement Program at 475-1610 prior to the shipment's arrival. Detailed instructions for completing the form are on page 2 of the file (below).

Pesticide Licenses

In order to sell restricted use pesticides (RUPs), individuals must obtain a pesticide certification and pesticides dealer's license from the Guam Environmental Protection Agency. All sales outlets offering RUPs must have a Certified Pesticides Sales Manager. Individuals seeking to be certified pesticides sales managers must apply for examination at the Guam EPA or attend a Pesticide Certification Workshop at the University of Guam, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Successful completion of the examination will result in certification.

Pesticides Certification and Training programs are designed to ensure that users are competent to handle RUPs without causing danger to themselves, the public and the environment. The University of Guam, CAL in cooperation with GEPA offers training workshops and certification testing.

There are a number of different types of certification. The first type is a private applicator (farmer, rancher, etc.) who applies or supervises the application of RUPs for the production of agricultural commodities on property he or his employer owns or rents, or as an exchange of services with other private parties. The second type of certification is the commercial applicator who applies or supervises application of RUPs for any purpose or on any property other than as provided by the "private applicator" definition.

Additional information on Pesticide Licenses is available in the Environmental Permit Guidebook and from the Guam EPA Pesticides Enforcement Program at 475-1610.

Special Permits

Permits for experimental use of a pesticide or application of restricted use pesticides (RUPs) by aircraft require special permits. Additional information on these permits is available from the Pesticides Enforcement Program.

Where to File the Application Forms

Applications should be sent to:

Guam Environmental Protection Agency
P.O. Box 22439 GMF
Barrigada, GU 96921

or hand delivered to:

17-3304 Mariner Ave.
Tiyan, Guam 96913

Availability of Information to the Public and Confidential Treatment of Information

Information contained in the permit application will, upon request, be made available to the public for inspection and copying. If sources wish to request confidential treatment for business information, such information should be submitted separately to Guam EPA, along with a claim of confidentiality.

Assistance in Completing Application Forms

If you have any questions about the application forms, please contact Guam EPA's Pesticides Enforcement Program at 475-1607.

[   Air   |   Hazardous Waste   |   Land Use   |   Pesticides   |   Solid Waste   |   Water   ]


[   Home   |   Programs   |   Permits   |   Regulations   |   Education   |   About GEPA   |   Search   ]

URL: https://guamepa.govguam.net/permits/pesticides.html
Last update: 4 January 2001

Comments? E-mail the .